Monday, April 7, 2008

Effects of Terrorism;

This Blog is in response to one of my colleagues blogs in regards to the effects of terrorism on the Constitution.
This Blog can be viewed at:
http://loseyourdelusions.blogspot.com/2008/03/terrorism-is-killing-constitution-and.html

I don’t enjoy going through airport security any more than anyone else does. Unfortunately this is the day and age we live in. I would rather be inconvenienced or embarrassed at the airport than ever see another American plane plunged into the side of a building. Now I’m not saying that the nipple ring incident or any other incident is right or wrong but with any system that is controlled by people there will be mistakes made, but at the end of the day it’s all in the name of safety and the fear of making a mistake that causes another 911. As far as Constitution goes, I think times have changed a little since it was written. I doubt when it was written, airport security against terrorists aiming to turn jetliners into missiles was a major concern. I don’t feel the administration is trying to turn TSA agents into gods. I feel as though they are confronted with a very difficult job and the government wants to ensure they are given the tools necessary to accomplish that job. So for myself when I am at the airport and I am frustrated I try and put myself in their shoes. It is not a responsibility I would want to bear. Unfortunately, what’s starting to happen now, is that a considerable amount of time has gone by since 911 and people want to start seeing the rules relaxed. In my opinion that is just what the terrorist are waiting for. I personally applaud TSA for doing a good job on a very difficult task.

Jason Lundin

No comments: